This article will help you set up your first Ledger Decimal (Del) account.
The Decimal app is developed and supported by the Decimal community.
Before you start
- Download and install Ledger Live on your computer. You can learn more about how to get started with Ledger Live here.
- Open Ledger Live, connect your Ledger device to My Ledger, and make sure your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- If your Ledger device needs a firmware update, please update the firmware of your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
Decimal no longer supported by Ledger Live below version 2.23 Ledger Live below version 2.23 will no longer support Decimal . To manage Decimal in Ledger Live, please update Ledger Live through the notification banner or download the latest version. Before updating to Ledger Live version 2.23, note that the update will erase your Decimal transaction history. Your transaction history before February 18th may be visible in a third-party explorer such as Decimal explorer. After the update, your Decimal accounts might be removed from your Portfolio. In that case, you can simply add them back. Don't worry, this does not affect your crypto assets.
Install the Decimal (Del) app on your Ledger device
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the My Ledger tab.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow My Ledger to access your device.
- Search for the Decimal (Del) app in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button to install the app on your Ledger device.
- Your Ledger device displays Processing.
- Ledger Live displays Installed.
- Create your first Decimal account in Ledger Live. Learn more.
- Receive Del into your Decimal account. Learn more.
- Send Del from your Decimal account. Learn more.
- Earn staking rewards by delegating
Important notice regarding sending Del from your Ledger Decimal account to an exchange account When sending Del from your Ledger Decimal account to a crypto exchange, the exchange will often require that you add a memo to your deposit transaction. Memos are used by exchanges to identify incoming deposits and credit Del coins to the correct account. Make sure you use the correct Memo type and enter the Memo exactly as instructed by the exchange. Sending Del from a crypto exchange to your Ledger Decimal account however does not require a memo. If your exchange insists that you must type in a memo before you can withdraw Del coins, it's safe to typeanyrandom number or leave the memo field blank. You can learn more about the memo tags here.