DEL is the native (basic) Decimal token. The key link of DecimalChain.
DEL is a reserve currency that is required in order to issue your coin on the network. Any other coins are exchanged through it.
In DEL, the price of all other custom coins is measured.
DEL, unlike bitcoin, does not require huge electricity costs and the purchase of expensive special equipment (asics) that performs meaningless mathematical tasks. A new portion of DEL is generated in the Decimal network as a reward to validators for creating a block of the Decimal blockchain.
Block Reward = Basic block reward + Total fees of all transactions in the block. The initial base reward for the block was 50 DEL. And then every 432,000 blocks (approximately 30 calendar days) it increases according to the following algorithm:
● first 12 months (the first year) — increase by 5 DEL
● the next 12 months (year) — increase by 17 DEL
● next 12 months (third year) — increase by 29 DEL
● the next 12 months (fourth year) — increase by 41 DEL
● the next 12 months (fifth year) — increase by 53 DEL
● next 12 months (sixth year) — increase by 65 DEL
● the next 12 months (seventh year) — increase by 77 DEL
● the next 12 months (eighth year) — increase by 89 DEL
● the next 12 months (ninth year) — increase by 101 DEL
● after that (in the tenth year), the payment of basic remuneration for the unit will stop completely, leaving only the total fees for all transactions in the block.
Advantages of DEL
● Secure storage on a decentralized wallet. Only user has access to his coins. Neither the Decimal team nor the Lord God has access to your coins.
● The ability to bond your DEL to the validator and receive rewards.
● Transfers are made in six seconds and reach any point of the Earth where there is Internet.
● The network can process up to two thousand transactions per second, which means it is suitable for mass transactions and a very large number of users.
● Average fee for sending ~ 0.41 DEL. Whatever amount you send, be it a hundred dollars or a million, you will pay a fee to the validators - a little less than half of one DEL coin.
● Focus on easy, fast and inexpensive transfers, which will ensure the stability of the DEL market price, and hence wide application in traditional business.
● DEL can be used as a reserve currency to create new coins. In turn, DEL provides your currency with all the advantages that it has itself. Thanks to this, all coins of the Decimal blockchain can be exchanged in a couple of seconds at a fair market price calculated based on formulas.
When the network was launched, a DEL premine was made in the genesis block, which amounted to 200,000,000 DEL. Each of the four starting validators received 40,000,000 DEL (in total 160,000,000 DEL). The remaining 40,000,000 DEL were put up for sale and sold to the investors of the project. The remaining tokens will receive validators as rewards for blocks.